- There is a water tariff per connection of a minimum Rs 140 per month.
- For repair of a connection, an application is to be addressed to the address given.
- Complaints on illegal connection can be addressed to the address given below.
At present, the water supply facilities in Guwahati Metropolitan area are operated by three departments, viz., Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC), Assam Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Board (AUWSSB) and Public Health Engineering Department (PHED). The existing systems cater to about 30% of the residents. Besides the water supply system, households mainly use groundwater and water supplied through tankers.
The person applying for a water connection must have
- Up-to-date Tax receipts
- Holding details
Guidelines for filling the form:
Visitors must provide all documents while submitting the form. If filling online, all documents must be scanned and ready,
- New Connections and Temporary Connections are based on an estimate,
- Temporary Connection related attachments:
- No fees for disconnection
Documents Required (whichever applicable):
- Land document
- Fair Price
- Identity Card
- Residence Proof (telephone bill/electricity bill)
- Updated Tax Payment Reciept
- Self Declaration that property has been assessed/reassessed after 12th September 2008
How to apply:
- Before applying online, make sure all relevant documents are scanned and ready.
- If submitting manually, fill in the application form (can be downloaded below).
- The form has to be filled and submitted to: Office of the Chief Engineer, GMC Water Supply Branch, Panbazar – 1
Type of Service:
It is an online service. To fill the form online, click here.
Forms to be filled:
Download new water supply connection form
GMC Water Supply Branch
Guwahati - 781001